Public Works oversees the collection and disposal of solid waste in accordance with the agreement between the City of Navasota and its solid waste contractor, Republic Services, Inc. The City of Navasota provides a once per week curbside trash pick up service for residential customers. Review Collection Guidelines here.
- Place polycart(s) at curb before 7:00 a.m. on collection day.
- Carts should not be placed in the street, but as close to the street or curb as practical.
- All trash must be within trash bags.
- All trash must be inside the cart with lid fully closed.
- Loose bags or trash outside the cart will not be collected.
- Cart(s) must be facing so the lid(s) open toward the street and the wheels face your home or business. If you have multiple carts, leave 4 ft between carts.
- Place carts 10 ft away from vehicles, overhanging tree limbs, yardwaste, mailboxes, water hydrants, or utility poles.
- Do not place hazardous waste or hot ashes in container.
- Wash container out periodically.
- Do not tilt or roll container with the lid open.
- Do not place sand, soil or other heavy materials in container.
- Do not sit or stand on top of container.
- Do not overload container.
- Cart will be for customer's use only.
- Polycart must be removed from the curb and screened from view on the same day in which the cart was serviced.
Items Not Collected in Polycart:
- Tires, Batteries, or car parts.
- Dirt, rock, bricks or concrete.
- Construction or Roofing Material.
- Hazardous Materials (paint, solvents, fertilizers, insecticides, oil, petroleum products).