The City Secretary is responsible for performing the administrative duties of the Office of the City Secretary as set forth by the Texas Local Government Code. The City Secretary is also responsible for:
- Maintaining and recording official City documents;
- Coordinating and/or administering municipal elections;
- Serving as administrator of cemetery records for Oakland Cemetery;
- Registering birth and death records/Records Management Officer;
- Issuing alcoholic beverage licenses;
- Providing support services to the City Council, staff, and the public;
- Direct Management over Municipal Court.