The Navasota Economic Development Corporation envisions the continued development of a healthy and vibrant city with a strong economic base, better jobs, improved shopping areas and a wide range of diversified housing opportunities for the citizens of Navasota.
We are here to help businesses grow. Our mission to maintain a prosperous, thriving business community that creates jobs, opportunities and tax revenues to enrich the lives of area citizens. We accomplish this by helping new and existing businesses get the information, resources, and financial incentives they need to meet their development goals.
What makes us different?
The Navasota Economic Development Corporation is an independent non-profit group of local business leaders. They are conducting business in Navasota successfully and they want to help you do the same. They accomplish this by doing the following:
- Develop and coordinate implementation of area-specific and city-wide strategic economic plans to revitalize distressed commercial corridors, improve business development, retention and expansion, address barriers to economic growth and job creation/retention; and increase local and international economic opportunities for the Navasota community.
- Design and promote business development and revitalization opportunities through strategies involving creative and complex financing, public funding and incentives, real estate development, property acquisition, marketing, and technical assistance.
- Serve as the City’s business liaison and a resource for the public, building and maintaining effective relationships with the business community, developers, property owners, realtors, advisory groups, community organizations, and citizens.
- Compile and maintain critical information desired by development prospects such as economic data, land/structure availability, market information, and business support resources.
- Design survey, questionnaire, and methodology; researche and analyze data and trends; draws conclusions, develops recommendations and courses of action, and synthesize information into reports.
- Facilitate collaborate among local, state, and federal economic development organizations, public/private and non-profit organizations. Coordinates activities among these entities and the community in order to promote sustainable economic development and to ensure that diverse business and job opportunities are accessible and relevant to all segments of the community.
- Develop and manage a variety of economic development programs, to include business development activities, business support and assistance, asset and wealth building programs, and business incentive programs.
- Identify, track and analyze critical performance data and assesses the impact of the city’s investment in economic development, the structure and dynamics of the local economy, local business and employment trends, workforce readiness and other data.
- Supervise, direct, and evaluate assigned staff; handle employee concerns and problems; directs work; counsels and disciplines staff; complete employee performance appraisal; recruit, appoint, and train staff.
- Prepare reports and presentations; deliver presentations to a variety of audiences; facilitate discussions and arrives at group consensus regarding activities.
- Interface with lenders and the public to maximize borrower’s access to loan funds.
- Prepare and maintain records to substantiate reports for internal and external purposes; prepares local, state, and federally mandated reports. Review and interpret local, state and federal regulations and ensure the City is compliant with legal and programmatic requirements.
- Prepare grant applications and contracts to secure funds and services for economic development purposes. Facilitate the cooperative work of contractual agencies that are performing services on behalf of the city to further the city’s economic development initiatives.
- Attend public and community meetings. Coordinate meetings and activities, and reviews minutes of meetings related to various programs, community organizations, and agencies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.