The Gas Department is responsible for providing natural gas to the citizens of Navasota, maintaining safe operations of the system, and minimizing service interruptions by maintaining and improving the gas distribution system.
The duties of the Gas Department staff include the following:
- Maintaining City’s gas distribution system;
- Repairing and replacing gas mains;
- Installing gas service taps and meters;
- Repairing gas main leaks;
- Maintaining City’s main gas gate station;
- Maintaining 11 gas regulator stations;
- Painting and repairing gas meters and valves for corrosion control as necessary;
- Responding to gas leak complaints;
- Administering monthly odorization samples;
- Locating utility lines for construction and excavation;
- Complying with rules and regulations of the Texas Railroad Commission;
- Operating automated radio read metering systems.
|Matt Julian||Utility Supervisor||(936) 825-6450|