Sale of City Property
NOTICE TO BIDDERS
**In some cases properties no longer have an "address" because the city has had to take possession of the property. On each listing you will see an "R" number (exp: R26434). If you use the GIS Mapping system (Linked in the left hand navigation tools) and search for the "R" Number. You will be taken to the property on the GIS Map.
Notice is hereby given that the City of Navasota (“City”) will be accepting sealed bids for the following real properties owned by the City:
|North Jones Ave; MCNAIR, BLOCK 25, LOT 1 THRU 5. - R26434
The minimum acceptable purchase price bid for the Properties is $40,875. Bids that are less than the minimum purchase price bid shall be rejected as non-responsive.
|416 Baker Street; H & D, BLOCK 10, LOT 4,5. - R24889
The minimum acceptable purchase price bid for the Properties is $20,875. Bids that are less than the minimum purchase price bid shall be rejected as non-responsive.
|402 Lincoln Street; CAMP CANAAN, BLOCK 11, LOT 1,2. - R20706
The minimum acceptable purchase price bid for the Properties is $55,875. Bids that are less than the minimum purchase price bid shall be rejected as non-responsive.
|Davis Street; CAMP IM, BLOCK 42, LOT 7,8,9,10. - R20949
The minimum acceptable purchase price bid for the Properties is $15,875. Bids that are less than the minimum purchase price bid shall be rejected as non-responsive. To develop the property, the Davis Street pavement must be extended at the expense of the property owner.
|Roosevelt Street; Washington Park (24) Lot Package - R30431, R30424, R30434, R30404, R30397, R30408, R30396, R30402, R30409, R30395, R30410, R30400, R30399
The minimum acceptable purchase price bid for the Properties is $113,500. Bids that are less than the minimum purchase price bid shall be rejected as non-responsive. To develop the property, the Roosevelt Street pavement and applicable utilities must be extended at the expense of the property owner.
All bids must be submitted in a sealed envelope or other sealed container, with the submitter’s name, mailing address, daytime phone number and the Property that the bid is for, written on the front of the envelope. The outside of such sealed envelope or sealed container must clearly and conspicuously state the words “Sale of City Property” in large letters. The purchase price must be paid to the City at the closing of the sale of the Property, in cash. City will not finance any portion of the purchase price.
Bidders are advised that if they have questions, they may contact Lupe Diosdado, Development Services Director at City Hall, 200 East McAlpine Street., Navasota, Texas 77868 or by telephone at (936) 825-6475 and email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bids can be mailed, or hand delivered. All bids must be received no later than 3:00 p.m., Central Time, on January 31, 2024 (“Bid Deadline”) at the City Offices, located at City Hall, 200 East McAlpine St., Navasota, Texas. Bids received after the Bid Deadline will be returned to the offeror unopened.
Bids can be mailed to: City of Navasota
P.O. Box 910
Navasota, Texas 77868
Or hand-delivered to: City of Navasota
200 E. McAlpine St.
Navasota, Texas 77868
All bid offers made will be held confidential until the Bid Deadline at 3:00 p.m., Central Time, on January 31, 2024, at which point all bids will be opened and will become public records subject to the Texas Public Information Act. It is anticipated that the City Council will determine the successful bidder at the City Council meeting to be held at 6:00 p.m., Central Time, on February 12, 2024.
The City reserves the right to waive any informalities or to reject any and all bids. The City is not required to accept any bid or offer.
The property will be sold subject to the following conditions:
- The Property will be sold to the highest bidder or to the bidder that submits the bid deemed by the City Council to provide the best value to the City, provided that the bid meets or exceeds the applicable minimum purchase price bid requirement.
- In the event two or more identical high bids are submitted for the Property, the winning bid will be awarded based on bid submittal time and date; that is, the earliest high identical bid will be the successful bid.
- The City and the successful bidder will enter into an earnest money contract (using the City’s form) for the purchase of the Property within ten (10) business days of award notification from the City. If said earnest money contract is not entered into by the successful bidder within said ten (10) business day time period, the award of the bid will expire and be of no effect. City and bidder/purchaser shall pay transaction costs related to the sale/purchase of the property at closing as is customary in Grimes County, Texas.
- Failure of the successful bidder to timely enter into said earnest money contract or bidder’s rejection of Property will result in the sale of the Property being awarded to the next highest bidder or to the next bidder that submits the bid deemed by the City Council to provide the next best value to the City. In the event there is no “next highest bidder,” then the award will be deemed to have expired automatically and be of no effect, and City may sell the Property at a later date.
- The Property is offered for sale “AS IS, WITH ALL FAULTS.” City makes no representations or warranties whatsoever, express or implied, except as may be otherwise expressly set forth in the sale documents, nor is any employee or agent of City authorized to make any representation or warranty of any kind with respect to the Property, including without limitation, zoning, tax consequences, physical or environmental conditions, availability of access, ingress or egress, operating history, projections, valuation, marketability, suitability for a particular purpose, governmental approvals, governmental regulations or any other matter or thing relating to or affecting the Property. In no event is City responsible or liable for latent or patent defects or faults, if any, in the Property, or for remedying or repairing same, including, but not limited to, defects relating to asbestos or asbestos containing materials, underground storage tanks or hazardous or toxic materials, chemicals or waste, or for constructing or repairing any streets, water wells, septic tank systems, utilities or any improvements located on the Property or shown on any plat of the Property. Bidders are put on notice that any prior grant and/or encumbrance affecting the Property may be of record in the Official Records of Grimes County, Texas, and bidders are encouraged to examine all public records affecting the Property. The provisions of this paragraph survive the closing of any sale/purchase of the Property.
- The City shall reserve the Mineral Estate owned by City. "Mineral Estate" means all oil, gas, and other minerals, in, on or under the Property, any royalty under any existing or future lease covering any part of the Property, surface rights (including rights of ingress and egress), production and drilling rights, lease payments, and all related benefits and mineral interests. No mineral interests shall convey to successful bidder/purchaser.