As is the City of
Navasota, the Navasota Fire Department is rich in history and tradition.
The Fire Department was formed sometime in 1886 by a group of local
businessmen seeing the need for an organized department to handle the
City's fires and emergencies. They called themselves the Navasota Fire
Boys with a Hook and Ladder Company and Hose Company.
They eventually ventured out to serve other areas including all of Grimes County
and parts of Washington and Brazos Counties. This continued until the
1960s and 1970s until other towns started their own departments. The
Navasota Fire Department still serves the citizens of the City of
Navasota and approximately 170 square miles of Grimes County.